General Business Terms and Conditions
GENERAL BUSINESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SLOVENSKÉ LIEČEBNÉ KÚPELE TURČIANSKE TEPLICE, A.S.
Registered office: Ul. SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice, Reg. No.: 31 642 322
Registration in the Commercial Register of the District Court in Žilina
Section: Sa, Insert Number: 327/L
Phone and Fax number: +421/43/4913380, +421/43/4922943
ART. 1 INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
- The commercial company Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice , a.s., with its registered office at Ul. SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice, Reg. No.: 31 642 322, registered in the Commercial Register of the Žilina District Court, Section: Sa, Insert Number: 327/L (hereinafter referred to as “SLK TT”), provides comprehensive spa services, including accommodation, catering, outpatient services, individual healing procedures and supplementary services.
- These GENERAL BUSINESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS (hereinafter referred to as the “GBTCs”) regulate the legal relations between SLK TT and its clients (hereinafter also jointly referred to as the “Parties”) in the course of the provision of the services of SLK TT and represent the basic legal regulation of such relations. In the individual legal relations between SLK TT and its clients, it is possible to deviate from these GBTCs and to deal with certain issues connected with the legal relations on a case-by-case basis. An individual regulation may result from a contract between SLK TT and a client, another agreement between the Parties or from a unilateral statement by SLK TT. An individual regulation which regulates the legal relations in deviation from the GBTCs shall prevail over a regulation contained in the GBTCs.
- The GBTCs regulate the conditions for the provision of the comprehensive spa services, including accommodation, meals, outpatient services, individual healing procedures and supplementary services.
ART. 2 ESTABLISHMENT OF A LEGAL RELATIONSHIP
- The contractual (legal) relationship between the Parties shall be basically established by means of:
- A contract or any other bilateral legal act;
- A written, telephone, fax or e-mail order from the client with the obligation to pay, as confirmed by SLK TT; if a reservation, order or a voucher has not been confirmed by SLK TT, the contractual relationship between the potential client and SLK TT shall not arise.
- A payment of the price for the services provided;
- The application of a gift voucher issued by SLK TT, with the consent or confirmation by SLK TT as to the possibility of using the services during a given period.
- A contractual relationship with a potential client shall arise only upon a confirmation of the reservation, order or a voucher by SLK TT. If SLK TT fails to confirm such a reservation, order or voucher with the exact date of the arrival of a potential client at the premises of SLK TT, it can offer the client a refund of the payment or propose another date.
- An order with the obligation to pay shall contain, in particular, the following:
- Designation as an “ORDER WITH PAYMENT OBLIGATION” (hereinafter referred to as the “Order”)
- Name, surname and address of the client-customer (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”)
- Date of the arrival for the stay/procedure and date of the departure, as well as the number and names of the clients
- Required type of spa stay/procedure and the required hotel services
- Requirements for the accommodation/spa house, category and room type
- Requirements regarding catering, transfers and other ancillary services
- Handwritten signature of the Customer, as well as the place and date of issuing the order.
- The contractual relationship between the potential Customer is established only upon a confirmation of the reservation, order or voucher with the exact date of the arrival by SLK TT. If SLK TT fails to confirm the reservation, order or voucher of a potential client, the potential client is not entitled to use the premises of the accommodation facility that he or she wanted to order or book (non-residential premises/rooms), as well as the common areas of the accommodation facility, and to use the services which are provided in connection with the accommodation.
ART. 3 PAYMENT TERMS
- When SLK TT confirms the order produced pursuant to the previous Art. 2(2), the Customer shall be obliged to pay an advance payment amounting to 100% of the value of the order to the bank account of SLK TT, within 21 days before the arrival for the stay or 21 days before the date of the first healing procedure. In a case where a stay is booked and the order confirmed less than 21 days before the date of the arrival, the sum must be paid immediately and a confirmation of the payment must be sent by fax, e-mail or post to the address of SLK TT. If the advance payment is not paid according to these terms and conditions, the order will be cancelled in full. The same procedure is applied in the case of a payment for an ordered and confirmed request for a transfer. If the client orders the “transfer” service later than on the day when he/she ordered the stay and received a confirmed order with an invoice for the advance payment, the client is obliged to pay for the transfer within 3 days before the confirmed date of the transfer, at the latest. Otherwise, SLK TT shall be entitled to cancel such an order without any compensation. A failure to pay for the transfer will be regarded as a serious breach of the contract or mutual agreement, and SLK TT will be entitled to compensation for damage. By the settlement of the invoice, the Customer (client) fully accepts the ordered services which have been confirmed by SLK TT.
- As the service provider, SLK TT issues gift vouchers which the client may spend for individual services. Gift vouchers can be purchased at the sales points of SLK TT or ordered from the business department of SLK TT. The validity period of a gift voucher is indicated on its front side. The client may use the gift voucher for individual services only during the validity period of such a gift voucher. If the services are not used, the client shall lose the entitlement to such a service without any compensation. A service selected from an offer by SLK TT and indicated on the gift voucher will be provided to the client – the person producing the gift voucher. The client is obliged to order (book) the date when such services will be used by means of the communication channels listed at www.therme.sk under the “Contacts” heading. Upon the confirmation of the reservation by SLK TT, the reservation becomes binding.
- The client shall pay via a bank transfer. Bank fees associated with the payment shall be borne by the client.
- The purchase price is deemed to have been paid at the moment when the whole amount has been credited to the account of SLK TT, at the bank indicated in the contract, invoice or confirmation of the order. A failure to pay in accordance with the agreed terms is regarded as a serious breach of the contract or mutual agreement.
- In the case of a serious breach of the contract by the client or a failure to pay the purchase price, and failure to pay prior to the deadline provided in the contract, invoice or confirmation of the order, SLK TT shall be entitled to withdraw from the agreement or to cancel the order. In such cases, SLK TT is entitled to compensation for damages.
- A so-called “spa fee” that is applicable to ordered overnight stays and persons forms an integral part of the stay. With effect from 01.04.2019, the amount of the spa fee is €0.45/person per night (including VAT). SLK TT reserves the right to consider any discounts on the fee in individual substantiated cases. The spa fee is not a substitution for the so-called “council tax on accommodation”. With reference to Act No. 268/2014 Coll., which amends and supplements Act No. 582/2004, with effect from 15.10.2014, SLK TT is obliged to collect council tax from the paid temporary accommodation. Pursuant to the valid public statute of the town of Turčianske Teplice, such tax amounts to €1.50/person per night.
- SLK TT may offer the client the option of a “payment to an open account” (hereinafter only referred to as “the open account”). This service pertains to extra healing procedures ordered later on-the-spot and to drinks and orders of other products at the gastronomic facilities. The opening of the “open account” is subject to pre-authorisation: blocking the client’s funds on the account pertaining to the given type of credit card. The pre-authorisation is carried out using the terminal and the client’s credit card. Items on the “open account” will be settled using the credit card and by the completion of the pre-authorisation. If a client with an “open account” and pre-authorisation has not used any of the above services, the funds will be unblocked at the check-out time at the latest. The client is obliged to check the unblocking during the check-out. SLK TT is not responsible for cases when the client departs and fails to ask for the unblocking of funds. SLK TT may provide/cancel the “open account” at any time during the stay. Upon the completion/cancellation of the pre-authorisation, SLK TT is not responsible for any additional transaction periods applied by banks and credit card issuers, which are related to the client’s right of disposal with his/her funds.
- Special provisions regulating the payments of purchase prices in the case of remote contracts:
The client may pay for the stay and the ordered and confirmed services, via a payment order issued to his/her bank or by means of on-line banking, to the following account:
- Name of the organisation: Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice a.s. Address: SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice
- IBAN account number: SK8611110000001074130005
- SWIFT/BIC: UNCRSKBX
- Name of the bank: UniCredit Bank Slovakia a.s., Krížna 50, Bratislava
In addition to the methods described above, the invoice may be settled by clicking on the link received together with the invoice for the advance payment.
ART. 4 ORDERING ACCOMMODATION AND FREELY-SOLD PROCEDURES
- The client may order a stay or the freely-available healing procedures in person, on the phone, via e-mail, by fax or by post to the address of SLK TT. Based on and according to his/her requirements, the client shall receive a corresponding order with the obligation to pay pursuant to Article 2(2) of these GBTCs. Upon the settlement of the whole amount, SLK TT shall send the client an accommodation card and instructions regarding the stay to the address specified by the client, or to the address indicated in an e-mail, fax message, letter or phone order. Likewise, if the client orders the freely-available healing procedures, after making the payment for the whole amount or on the first day of the freely-available healing procedures, he/she will receive a spa card with the schedule of the healing procedures.
ART. 5 LENGTH OF STAY, ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- It is recommended that the client spend at least 21 days at SLK TT for healing purposes. This period is based on long-term, medically-verified research and experience. For the clients of health insurance companies, the binding number of days for healing is determined by the legislation, in the “List of Indications of the Slovak Republic”. Other clients may choose from the offer of healing stays.
- In the case of other (wellness and holiday) stays, the length is determined according to the client’s wishes.
- The day of arrival is the first date of the stay. The day following the last day with an overnight stay is regarded as the date of departure.
- Arrival: from 2:00 p.m., in accordance with the Rules of Accommodation (Appendix 2).
Departure: until 10:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m., in accordance with the Rules of Accommodation (Appendix 2).
ART. 6 TRANSFERS
- SLK TT offers transportation to/from the airport or other desired places in Slovakia and neighbouring countries. The prices for transfers are not included in the price for the stay and SLK TT will provide transfers after a mutual agreement upon request, including the order of such a service. Based on and according to his/her requirements, the client shall receive a corresponding order with the obligation to pay pursuant to Article 2(2) of these GBTCs.
ART. 7 RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE CLIENT
The client has the right to:
- Receive services to the agreed extent, as well as to file necessary information on the price, content or programme of the stay;
- Cancel any ordered services, i.e. withdraw from the contract, while accepting the cancellation conditions;
- Issue a notification in writing of a change in the person of the participant, together with the other requirements contained in the order of the stay;
- Use the premises that have been reserved for his or her temporary accommodation (non-residential premises – rooms) in connection with the ordered services during his or her stay at SLK TT, as well as to use the common areas of the accommodation facility and the services provided in connection with the accommodation. These premises may not be used for office or other purposes.
Special client advice regarding the right to withdraw from a remote contract:
- Right to withdraw from the contract.
The client is entitled to withdraw from this contract without cause within a period of 14 days.
The period for the withdrawal from the contract shall expire after 14 days from the conclusion of the contract.
When exercising the right to withdrawal, the client shall inform SLK TT of his/her decision to withdraw from this contract by means of a clear statement (for example, by a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) sent to the following address: Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice, a.s., Ul. SNP 519, 039 12 Turčianske Teplice, Fax: +421-43-4922 943, E-mail: email@example.com. For this purpose, you can use the “TEMPLATE FOR WITHDRAWAL FROM A CONTRACT” which forms APPENDIX 1 to these GBTCs.
If interested, you may fill in and send the Template for Withdrawal from a Contract, or any other clear statement on the withdrawal from the contract, electronically to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use this option, SLK TT will confirm the acceptance of the withdrawal from the contract without undue delay through a durable carrier (e.g. via e-mail).
The period for the withdrawal from the contract is observed once you send the notice of exercising the right to withdraw from the contract, before the expiry of the period for the withdrawal from the contract.
- Consequences of a withdrawal from the contract.
After a withdrawal from the contract, SLK TT will return all the payments you made in connection with the conclusion of the contract, in particular the purchase price, including the costs incurred for the delivery of products to you. This does not pertain to any additional costs, if you have chosen another type of delivery than the cheapest common method of delivery offered by us. Payments will be returned without undue delay, within 14 days from the date of the delivery of your notice of a withdrawal from this contract at the latest. Such payments will be paid in the manner which you chose for the execution of your payment, unless you specifically consented to a different payment method, without charging you any further fees.
- If you requested the commencement of services during the period for a withdrawal from the contract, you shall be obliged to pay SLK TT the price of the services that were actually performed until the day on which you notified SLK TT of your decision to withdraw from this contract.
The client is obliged to:
- Approach all circumstances in such a way so as to ensure that their actions and behaviour do not restrict or endanger the course and implementation of the stay, as well as other participants in the stay – otherwise, they shall bear full responsibility for the consequences;
- Adhere to the predetermined programme of the stay;
- Observe the provisions of the Rules of Accommodation, as well as the notices or recommendations posted on the premises of SLK TT, and follow the instructions on the storage of jewels, money and other valuables;
- Respect the instructions and recommendations sent by SLK TT at the time of the order confirmation;
- Follow the information materials that specify the conditions of the stay at SLK TT;
- Provide the spa facility with the assistance necessary in order to provide services and in matters of possible changes, complaints or insurance events;
- Clients who are to be provided with spa care or who purchase the freely-sold procedures must, before their arrival for the stay or before the freely-sold procedures, consider their state of health and any contraindications with regard to the conditions of the place of the stay or the freely-sold procedures and at the arrival for the spa health care, they are obliged to either undergo an initial medical examination or at least duly fill in a health questionnaire;
- In the case of a cancellation of the stay, transfer order or freely-sold procedures, the client is obliged to notify SLK TT of this fact and accept the cancellation fees;
- Legal entities are obliged to duly advise the participants in the stay or the freely-sold procedures of the wording of the GBTCs, and to ensure that the above obligations arising from them are duly complied with by the participants;
- Identify themselves in the sales centres of SLK TT and Spa & Aquapark with identification items (ID cards, cards, bracelets, etc.), which they will receive upon their arrival or for the freely-sold procedures at the reception desk. Items of identification are not transferable and the data contained in them may not be modified. Upon their departure, the client is obliged to hand over all items of identification at the reception desk of the respective spa house. In the case of provable misuse of the identification items, the client is obliged to pay a penalty amounting to €100.00 per single identification item.
- Identify themselves at the beginning of the stay (more than one overnight stay) at the reception desk with an identity card (valid ID card, passport) in order to keep records of the persons being accommodated;
- A foreign national is obliged to submit to SLK TT other documents on their residence in the territory of the Slovak Republic, which are prescribed by the applicable legislation (Act No. 48/2002 Coll. on the stay of foreigners, as amended).
- On the last day of the stay, the client is obliged to properly and in a timely manner hand over the premises that have been reserved for their temporary accommodation (non-residential premises – rooms) in connection with the ordered services during his or her stay at SLK TT. In the event that the client does not voluntarily leave the premises reserved for their temporary accommodation (non-residential premises – rooms) in connection with the ordered services during his or her stay at SLK TT, at the proper termination date of the stay, or the early termination of the stay by SLK TT according to Art. 8(2) of the GBTCs, SLK TT has the right, after issuing an oral request in the presence of two witnesses, without further ado and with the cooperation of the security service, to physically remove the client and his or her belongings to outside the premises of the accommodation facility (e.g. in front of the entrance door of the accommodation facility), even using violence if necessary.
Furthermore, SLK TT has the right, without further ado:
- To enter such premises and use the appropriate means for this purpose, including the removal of obstacles;
- To close such premises and prevent the client, or other persons, from entering the premises and, where necessary, replace the existing locks;
- To interrupt or ensure the interruption of the provision of the related services, the provision of which is connected with their use.
ART. 8 RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE SPA
- Prior to the conclusion of a contract on the accommodation, SLK TT is obliged to provide true information regarding all matters which are known to it and may influence the decision of the interested party on purchasing the stay or the freely-available procedures. If circumstances emerge which could hinder the provision of a service to the client under the pre-agreed conditions, SLK TT reserves the right to change the programme or price of the stay, change the date of the stay or the accommodation facility, or cancel the stay. If the accommodation facility is changed, the substituted accommodation must be of a similar standard. SLK TT is obliged to notify the Customer of such changes within 3 days before the commencement of the stay or the freely-available procedures.
- SLK TT may withdraw from the contract or end the client’s stay ahead of schedule, or withdraw from the provision of the freely-available procedures, if the client, despite receiving a notification and a warning from SLK TT, grossly violates the moral laws, inappropriately harasses or endangers other clients, spa employees, their security, health or assets, or otherwise acts in breach of his/her obligations.
- As a service provider, SLK TT is entitled to:
- Amend these GBTCs exclusively and unilaterally
- Make a change to the assortment, scope, contents or conditions of the offered services and products
- Make a change in the price list (prices of the products and services) and a change in the conditions for the provision of the contracted products and services under, the conditions set out in these GBTCs
- Collect cancellation fees in the amount and under the conditions specified in these GBTCs
- Compensate for its claim arising from the cancellation fee using the client’s payment for the ordered services
- Not to accept and accommodate the client, and not to confirm his or reservation, order or voucher, in the case of a previous negative experience with the client during his or her stay in one of the accommodation facilities of SLK TT (if in the past, the client had violated the General Business Terms and Conditions of Slovenské liečebné kúpele Turčianske Teplice, Rules of Accommodation, or the operating rules at other facilities of SLK TT).
ART. 9 STAY DISCOUNTS
- If a client is entitled to a discount, he or she shall apply such a discount when ordering the stay. Otherwise, no discount will be granted. Discounts may not be joined, summed up or combined, and do not pertain to last-minute stays, discounted stays and “tailor-made” offers. A client may use the higher of any discounts to which he/she is entitled.
ART. 10 CANCELLATION CONDITIONS
- The stay and the order of the freely-available procedures may only be cancelled in writing delivered to the address of SLK TT. The number of days, for which the amount of the cancellation fee is decided, is calculated from the date of the delivery of the notice of cancellation to the spa.
- The cancellation fees are as follows:
- 20–15 days: 10% of the price for the stay or the ordered freely-available procedures
- 14–7 days: 30% of the price for the stay or the ordered freely-available procedures
- 6–3 days: 50% of the price for the stay or the ordered freely-available procedures
- 2–0 days: 75% of the price for the stay or the ordered freely-available procedures
- The client will not receive any monetary compensation for ordered and unused services or changes in the ordered services during the stay (accommodation, meals, healing procedures).
- If the client ends the stay early or fails to attend all the ordered and confirmed freely-available procedures, the client will not receive any monetary or other compensation for meals, accommodation, treatment or healing procedures, or any other compensation for additional ordered services. Moreover, in the case of an earlier departure vs. a reservation, the client may be charged a cancellation fee amounting to 50% of the unused and ordered services.
- No fee shall be charged for the proper and timely substitution of a client.
- If, for any reason, SLK TT is obliged to return to the client an appropriate amount for services that have been paid for, it shall do so within 30 days from the origination of the claim. Such an amount shall be less the relevant cancellation fee mentioned above, and may possibly incur an additional administrative fee of €10.00. Transaction costs associated with the return of the price for the services are borne by the client.
- The client may request a change in a confirmed transfer order without cancellation fees within 3 days before the originally requested date of a transfer which was confirmed by SLK TT. Any change in the order (e.g. number of persons, type of vehicle, route, date or time) submitted by the client later than within 3 days, as stipulated above, shall be regarded as a cancellation of the original request and incur a 100% cancellation fee. Moreover, in such cases, SLK TT cannot guarantee that it will be able to satisfy each request for the change.
ART. 11 PRICES
- Price lists are published electronically on the website of the spa and may be provided in a printed form upon request.
- All the prices are listed by:
- Type of stay;
- Spa house or hotel;
- Room category (single, double, apartment);
- Type of freely-available procedures.
- SLK TT reserves the right to change the prices and contents of the service packages.
ART. 12 REFUSAL TO PROVIDE SERVICES
- SLK TT may refuse the provision of services in the case of contraindications to the spa treatment.
- SLK TT has the right to reject an order that does not meet the requirements necessary to order services, or if the data included in the order is incomplete, inaccurate or inconsistent.
- SLK TT reserves the right to refuse a client who repeatedly sends orders that are incomplete or incorrectly filled in, or orders filled in by a client who knows that he or she is wilfully not going to order the stay.
- The information received in a confirmed order sent by SLK TT is binding for the client. The client is obliged to inspect the order confirmation in a due and timely manner and to notify SLK TT without delay of any inconsistencies, whereby SLK TT will produce and send a new order confirmation. If the client fails to do so, such errors or inconsistencies will not be taken into account upon his/her arrival at SLK TT.
- If the client’s order is sent via e-mail, SLK TT will confirm the order via the same e-mail address from which the order was received. If the client requests the order confirmation be sent to a different e-mail address, SLK TT will do so if such a request is clearly indicated in the wording of the order. SLK TT is not responsible for undeliverable or undelivered e-mail, with the details upon its sending from SLK TT regarded as decisive.
ART. 13 PROVISIONS ON DISCOUNT VOUCHERS
- As a service provider and in special cases, SLK TT issues discount vouchers for the services of SLK TT in various nominal values, or discounts which may be used by the client in the course of the service provision by applying the discount for services in the amount indicated on such a discount voucher.
- The discount voucher is applicable to all types of self-payment stays, within the period indicated on the discount voucher. The discount voucher may be applied as a single discount when purchasing any type of a self-payment stay, in the spa facility and for the scheduled stays indicated on such a discount voucher. Unless it is expressly indicated otherwise on the discount voucher, the discount voucher may be only applied to the purchase of the whole stay.
- The discount voucher code has to be provided at the time of reserving the stay, and the stay must be reserved beforehand through the telephone number of SKL TT, within 30 calendar days prior to the expiry of the voucher. The validity of the voucher is indicated in the form of a date or a time interval, directly on the discount voucher. The discount voucher must be submitted at the time of the payment for the stay.
- Discounts and vouchers may not be accumulated, the discount voucher may not be exchanged for cash, it is not returnable and it cannot be exchanged. SLK TT has the exclusive right to determine when the discount voucher is to be applied. If the discount voucher contains different information than the GBTCs, the information on the discount voucher shall prevail.
ART. 14 FAILURE TO MEET A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION AS A RESULT OF FORCE MAJEURE EVENT
- If either party cannot perform its contractual obligations due to a force majeure event, i.e. a circumstance excluding liability in terms of the applicable legal regulations having the form of an unpredictable and unavoidable objective circumstance (a natural disaster, strike, war, earthquake, etc.), such a party will not be responsible for the non-performance of its obligations in a case where it could not avert the influence of such a circumstance. Circumstances of a subjective nature, or circumstances occurring as a result of the personal or economic situation of the party, cannot be regarded as a force majeure event.
- In the case of the previous section of this article hereof, SLK TT reserves the right to offer to clients who have already paid for the stay or services, within 3 months, the delay of the deadline or a replacement performance under favourable conditions, and if the client does not agree with such a solution within the deadline set by SLK TT, the client will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid within 6 months.
ART. 15 ACCOMMODATION
The Rules of Accommodation of SLK TT, which regulate the conditions of the accommodation, form Annex 2 to the GBTCs.
ART. 16 COMPLAINTS
The Complaints Procedure of SLK TT, which regulates complaints and the complaint process, forms Annex 3 to the GBTCs.
ART. 17 INFORMATION ON PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Information on a client’s personal data processing, his/her rights and the exercising of those rights is published at www.therme.sk/spolupraca/informacie-o-ochrane-osobnych-udajov.
Annex no. 1: TEMPLATE FOR WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
- Annex no. 2: RULES OF ACCOMMODATION
- Annex no. 3: COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- Annex no. 4: GENERAL TERMS AND COMPETITION CONDITIONS
- Annex no. 5: PRICE LIST OF FEES AND FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR DAMAGE CAUSED
These GBTCs are effective from 01.04.2022.